They generally use small samples and also conduct direct one to one personal interviews. A detailed background is provided by the respondents and elaborate data concerning the respondents opinions, values, motivation, expression, feeling etc are obtained. Even their non-verbal expressions are observed. They take long time, therefore lengthy observations are involved.
These are conducted to customize individual responses. The questions will depend on what kind of answers are given. Even interview climate influences the respondents. The success of interviews depends on the rapport of the interviewers established with the respondents.
Advantages of Depth Interview
- Lot of detail is provided.
- Information obtained is comparatively more accurate.
- Personal or intimate topic can also be discussed since the personal rapport is established between the respondent and the interviewer
Disadvantages of Depth Interview
- It is difficult to generalize since the interviewers are non-standardized
- Since the success depends on the interviewer, there are chances of bias.
- Data analysis takes a lot of time.
|❮ Previous Article||Next Article ❯|
About the Author(s)
MSG team comprises experienced faculty and professionals who develop the content for the portal. We collectively refer to our team as - MSG Experts. To Know more, click on About Us.
- Marketing Research - Introduction
- Limitations of Marketing Research
- Marketing Research: Step by Step Execution
- Data Collection in Marketing Research
- Qualitative and Quantitative Research - Concept
- Types of Marketing Research and their Application
- Focus Groups
- Depth Interview
- Case Study
- Projective Techniques
- Survey Method
- Techniques of Survey Method
- Observation Method
- Secondary Data
- Sources of Data
- What is Big Data ?
- Attitude Measurement Scales
- Questionnaire Design
- Statistical Tools and their Usage - Factor Analysis
- Conjoint Analysis - Meaning, Usage and its Limitations
- What is Mystery Shopping ?
- Regression Analysis
- Concept Testing
- Brand Health Survey