Importance of Interpersonal Relationship at Workplace
Interpersonal relationship refers to a strong association among individuals working together in the same organization. Employees working together ought to share a special bond for them to deliver their level best. It is essential for individuals to be honest with each other for a healthy interpersonal relationship and eventually positive ambience at the workplace.
Why interpersonal relationship at workplace ?
Why do employees need to be cordial to each other ?
Let us go through the importance of interpersonal relationship at workplace.
- An individual spends around eight to nine hours in his organization and it is practically not possible for him to work all alone. Human beings are not machines who can work at a stretch. We need people to talk to and share our feelings. Imagine yourself working in an organization with no friends around!!!!!!!!We are social animals and we need friends around. An individual working in isolation is more prone to stress and anxiety. They hardly enjoy their work and attend office just for the sake of it. Individuals working alone find their job monotonous. It is essential to have trustworthy fellow workers around with whom one can share all his secrets without the fear of them getting leaked. We must have friends at the workplace who can give us honest feedback.
- A single brain alone cant take all decisions alone. We need people to discuss various issues, evaluate pros and cons and reach to solutions benefiting not only the employees but also the organization on the whole. Employees can brainstorm together and reach to better ideas and strategies. Strategies must be discussed on an open platform where every individual has the liberty to express his/her views. Employees must be called for meetings at least once in a week to promote open communication. Interaction on a regular basis is important for healthy relationship.
- Interpersonal relationship has a direct effect on the organization culture. Misunderstandings and confusions lead to negativity at the workplace. Conflicts lead you nowhere and in turn spoil the work environment.
- We need people around who can appreciate our hard work and motivate us from time to time. It is essential to have some trustworthy co workers at the workplace who not only appreciate us when we do some good work but also tell us our mistakes. A pat on the back goes a long way in extracting the best out of individuals. One needs to have people at the workplace who are more like mentors than mere colleagues.
- It always pays to have individuals around who really care for us. We need colleagues to fall back on at the times of crisis. If you do not talk to anyone at the workplace, no one would come to your help when you actually need them.
- An individual needs to get along with fellow workers to complete assignments within the stipulated time frame. An Individual working all alone is overburdened and never finishes tasks within deadlines. Support of fellow workers is important. You just cant do everything on your own. Roles and responsibilities must be delegated as per specialization, educational qualification and interests of employees. An individual needs help of his fellow workers to complete assignments on time and for better results.
|❮ Previous Article||Next Article ❯|
About the Author(s)
MSG team comprises experienced faculty and professionals who develop the content for the portal. We collectively refer to our team as - MSG Experts. To Know more, click on About Us.
- Interpersonal Relationship
- Stages in Interpersonal Relationships
- Types of Interpersonal Relationships
- Factors affecting Relationship
- Role of Communication in Relationship
- Interpersonal Relationship at Workplace
- Importance of Interpersonal Relationship
- Tips to Improve Interpersonal Relations
- Managing Conflict in Relationship
- Interpersonal Relationship Development
- Theories of Interpersonal Relationship
- Interpersonal Relationship Model
- Role of Employees in Relationship
- Role of Managers in Relationship
- Interpersonal Relationship Skills