Management as a Discipline
Management as a discipline refers to that branch of knowledge which is connected to study of principles & practices of basic administration. It specifies certain code of conduct to be followed by the manager & also various methods for managing resources efficiently.
Management as a discipline specifies certain code of conduct for managers & indicates various methods of managing an enterprise. Management is a course of study which is now formally being taught in the institutes and universities after completing a prescribed course or by obtaining degree or diploma in management, a person can get employment as a manager.
Any branch of knowledge that fulfils following two requirements is known as discipline:
- There must be scholars & thinkers who communicate relevant knowledge through research and publications.
- The knowledge should be formally imparted by education and training programmes.
Since management satisfies both these problems, therefore it qualifies to be a discipline. Though it is comparatively a new discipline but it is growing at a faster pace.
|❮ Previous Article||Next Article ❯|
About the Author(s)
MSG team comprises experienced faculty and professionals who develop the content for the portal. We collectively refer to our team as - MSG Experts. To Know more, click on About Us.
- What is Management ?
- Management as a Process
- Management as an Activity
- Management as a Discipline
- Management as a Group
- Management as a Science
- Management as an Art
- Management as a Profession
- Features of Management
- Levels of Management
- Objectives of Management
- Importance of Management
- Management and Administration
- Functions of Management
- Co-ordination - Introduction
- Co-ordination and Co-operation
- Management Principles
- Management Principles - Features
- Importance of Management Principles
- Scientific Management - Introduction
- Principles of Scientific Management
- Techniques of Scientific Management
- Criticism of Scientific Management
- Taylor and Fayol