Organization Management - Meaning, Need and its Features
A set-up where individuals from diverse backgrounds, different educational qualifications and varied interests come together to work towards a common goal is called an organization.
The employees must work in close coordination with each other and try their level best to achieve the organizations goals.
It is essential to manage the employees well for them to feel indispensable for the organization.
Organization management helps to extract the best out of each employee so that they accomplish the tasks within the given time frame.
Organization management binds the employees together and gives them a sense of loyalty towards the organization.
What is Organization Management ?
- Organization management refers to the art of getting people together on a common platform to make them work towards a common predefined goal.
- Organization management enables the optimum use of resources through meticulous planning and control at the workplace.
- Organization management gives a sense of direction to the employees. The individuals are well aware of their roles and responsibilities and know what they are supposed to do in the organization.
An effective management ensures profitability for the organization. In a laymans language organization management refers to efficient handling of the organization as well as its employees.
Need for Organization Management
- Organization management gives a sense of security and oneness to the employees.
- An effective management is required for better coordination among various departments.
- Employees accomplish tasks within the stipulated time frame as a result of effective organization management.
- Employees stay loyal towards their job and do not treat work as a burden.
- Effective organization management leads to a peaceful and positive ambience at the workplace.
Essential Features of Organization Management
- Prepare an effective business plan. It is essential to decide on the future course of action to avoid confusions later on.
- Plan out how you intend to do things.
- Organizing refers to the judicious use of resources to achieve the best out of the employees.
- Prepare a monthly budget for smooth cash flow.
- Poor organization management leads to unhappy employees who eventually create problems for themselves as well as the organization.
- Recruit the right talent for the organization.
- The managers or superiors must set clear targets for the team members.
- A leader must make sure his team members work in unison towards a common objective. He is the one who decides what would be right in a particular situation.
- The superiors must be aware of what is happening around them.
- Hierarchies should be well defined for an effective management.
- The reporting bosses must review the performance and progress of their subordinates and guide them whenever required.
- An effective time management helps the employees to do the right thing at the right time.
- Managing time effectively always pays in the long run.
- Motivation goes a long way in binding the employees together.
- Appreciating the employees for their good work or lucrative incentive schemes go a long way in motivating the employees and make them work for a longer span of time.