The Survey method is the technique of gathering data by asking questions to people who are thought to have desired information. A formal list of questionnaire is prepared. Generally a non disguised approach is used. The respondents are asked questions on their demographic interest opinion.
Advantages of Survey Method
- As compared to other methods (direct observation, experimentation) survey yield a broader range of information. Surveys are effective to produce information on socio-economic characteristics, attitudes, opinions, motives etc and to gather information for planning product features, advertising media, sales promotion, channels of distribution and other marketing variables.
- Questioning is usually faster and cheaper that Observation.
- Questions are simple to administer.
- Data is reliable
- The variability of results is reduced.
- It is relatively simple to analyze, quote and interrelate the data obtained by survey method