- It is a technique which enables the manager to ascertain standard time taken for performing a specified job.
- Every job or every part of it is studied in detail.
- This technique is based on the study of an average worker having reasonable skill and ability.
- Average worker is selected and assigned the job and then with the help of a stop watch, time is ascertained for performing that particular job.
- Taylor maintained that Fair days work should be determined through observations, experiment and analysis by keeping in view an average worker.
Standard Time × Working Hours = Fair Days Work