Office Toilet Etiquette - Rules to follow while using the Restroom
It is our etiquette which distinguishes us from animals. Etiquette helps us to stand apart from the crowd and leave an everlasting impression. Etiquette of an individual speaks a lot about his family background and upbringing.
It is essential for an individual to behave in a socially responsible way.
An individual must behave in an appropriate manner to find a place in the society. There are certain manners which are expected out of a professional. One needs to be mature and sensible enough for others to respect him. No one ever likes to speak to an individual who does not know how to behave sensibly.
Office Toilet Etiquette
Remember you are not the only person using the restroom at the workplace. There are other employees as well.
Office Toilet Etiquette refers to set of rules an individual needs to follow while using the office restroom. It is essential to keep toilets clean and hygienic to avoid transmission of germs and infections. A dirty and unhygienic toilet is the breeding ground of several diseases.
Let us go through some office toilet etiquette necessary for an individual to follow:
- Never leave the restroom dirty. Smelly toilets are big turn offs.
- Lock the door carefully when you are inside.
- If someone is inside, dont peep under the doors or knock endlessly. Wait for the other person to come out.
- Female employees should avoid carrying their handbags inside the washroom. Do not carry expensive items to the restroom.
- Make sure you do not wet the toilet seat. Do not throw water on the floor as someone might slip and get hurt.
- Females should always sit on the toilet seat while peeing. Male employees should always stand a little close to the toilet seat to avoid dripping.
- Never forget to use flush once you are done. Check the toilet seat for unwanted stains or substance. Do not hesitate to call the toilet attendant if the flush is not working.
- Make it a point to wash your hand with an antiseptic soap or sanitizer every time you use the restroom. Use a tissue paper to wipe off hands.
- Do not spit on walls. It is absolutely childish to write names or make designs on toilet walls.
- Dont take much time inside the restroom. One should avoid taking hand phones inside the washroom.
- Make sure you do not throw anything in the commode. Tissue paper must be thrown inside the dustbin and not anywhere else. Sanitary napkins must be wrapped in polybags and disposed in dustbins.
- Do not leave the restroom with taps on. It is important to conserve water.
- One should not smoke inside the office toilet. It leads to suffocation.
- Make sure you turn on the exhaust fan once you are inside the toilet. Do not forget to switch off the lights and exhaust fan when you leave the restroom.
- Do not throw unwanted hair or soap wrappers in the washbasin. Keep the soap inside the soap case.
- Ask the attendant to clean the toilet whenever it is dirty.
Learn management concepts & skills rapidly with easy to understand, richly illustrated self-paced learning modules & downloadable powerpoint presentations.
Click below to view DEMO on Corporate Etiquette
Download DEMO Presentation Now!.
As a premium member, you get access to view complete course content online and download powerpoint presentations for more than 120 courses in management and skills area.
Management Study Guide (MSG) is an educational portal launched with the vision of providing students and corporate workforces worldwide with access to rich, easy to understand, frequently updated instruction on many management related topics.
MSG team comprises experienced faculty and professionals who develop the content for the portal. We collectively refer to our team as - MSG Experts. To Know more, click on About Us.
A Smarter Way to Study....short presentations, real results
- Optimum lively Graphics and Animation to make the concept easy to understand
- Engaging PPTs which are a fast, effective, short and concise, with lots of examples to help you master the subject quickly
- Enter Your Email Id & Download 9 FREE Powerpoint Presentations Now!