The Diesel Downturn
The automobile industry all over the world is facing an unexpected challenge. Diesel vehicles which were the star performers in many countries across the world are now rapidly losing market share. Diesel vehicles are being shun by regulators and consumers alike. This has caused problems for many automobile companies around the world.
For instance, Jaguar Land Rover, a UK based premium car manufacturer has seen the demand for its vehicles plummet in the past couple of years thanks to the diesel downturn. The same has been the case with other companies such as Maruti Suzuki in India. Maruti, which accounts for almost 40% of the sales of all Indian vehicles has decided to stop manufacturing vehicles which run on diesel from 2020.
From the above examples it is obvious that the diesel downturn is not a company specific or even a country specific problem. Rather the issue is being faced by cars in different countries and across different price ranges. In this article, we will have a closer look at some of the reasons why diesel vehicles have suddenly fallen out of favour.
Fall in Demand for Diesel Vehicles
The demand for diesel vehicles has been falling rapidly all across the globe. For instance, in the United Kingdom, the government has decided to ban the use of all diesel vehicles by 2040. Consumers, therefore know that diesel is a dying technology. As a result, fewer people are willing to buy these vehicles. Earlier, diesel vehicles used to account for about 50% of the sales of all vehicles in the United Kingdom. Bow, they account for close to 30%. The same situation is present in countries all across the world. The German federal government has authorized its local governments to take decisions regarding the banning of diesel vehicles based on the pollution level in the respective cities and counties.
The automobile industry is facing a negative impact as the result of these rulings. This is the reason why they were trying very hard to avoid it. For instance, Volkswagen famously found itself in the middle of a scandal when it was found that the company was purposely misreporting emission related numbers for its diesel vehicles. This was being done to misreport pollution and avoid regulations which would have a negative financial impact on the industry.
Introduction of New Emission Norms
In other countries like India, newer emission norms have sounded the death knell for diesel vehicles. The Indian government has made it mandatory for all diesel vehicles to move to newer emission norms called Bharat Stage VI (BSVI) by April 2020.
As a part of this upgrade, companies will have to redesign their engines in order to lower the emission of toxic gases. The majority of cars sold in India are hatchbacks or compact SUV. If the engines of these small cars are modified to comply with the new emission norms, the prices of the vehicles are likely to rise substantially. On the contrary, when petrol vehicles will be upgraded, the increase in their costs will be relatively minor. This means that the consumers will be forced to pay more money to buy diesel vehicles further jeopardizing their competitiveness. Since the main reason for buying diesel vehicles was lower costs, it is unlikely that the vehicles will continue to sell. This is the reason that along with Maruti, every major automobile company in India is contemplating removing diesel cars from their portfolio.
Deregulation of Prices
Also, the fuel situation in India was peculiar until some time back. The prices of petrol and diesel were regulated by the government. As a result, there was a huge differential in the prices between petrol and diesel. Petrol was used to run private vehicles and hence was priced expensively. On the other hand, diesel was used to run trucks, buses and other public vehicles. Hence, the prices were artificially low.
Over the past few years, the prices of petrol as well as diesel have been deregulated. This has resulted in the price differential narrowing. Earlier the difference between the prices of diesel and petrol were Rs 20 per litre. Now, this differential has reduced to Rs 10 per litre. Therefore, the initial cost of diesel vehicles will be higher and there isnt too much of a difference in subsequent expenses.
Diesel Vehicles as Pollutants
The world is waking up to the problem of climate change and greenhouse gas emissions. Diesel vehicles have been identified as one of the risk factors which increase the overall pollution. As a result, most countries around the world have decided to get rid of diesel vehicles. This is being done by bringing in tougher emission norms which make it unviable for the manufacturers to continue making these vehicles. Industry analysts are aware that this could be the end of the road for diesel vehicles. Electric cars and greener fuels might become viable in the long run and they are likely to make diesel vehicles obsolete. This is the reason why car companies are voluntarily abandoning the manufacture of diesel vehicles.
|❮❮ Previous||Next ❯❯|
Authorship/Referencing - About the Author(s)
The article is Written By Prachi Juneja and Reviewed By Management Study Guide Content Team. MSG Content Team comprises experienced Faculty Member, Professionals and Subject Matter Experts. We are a ISO 2001:2015 Certified Education Provider. To Know more, click on About Us. The use of this material is free for learning and education purpose. Please reference authorship of content used, including link(s) to ManagementStudyGuide.com and the content page url.
- What is Globalization ?
- The Global Economic Crisis
- Introduction to the Global Economy
- Causes of Global Economic Crisis
- Impact of Global Economic Crisis
- Globalization - A Win-Win Situation
- Drivers of Globalization
- Globalization and its Discontents
- A Global Perfect Storm in 2013
- Globalization and Economic Crisis
- The Global Economic Crisis of 2008 and the Retreat of Globalization
- Lack of Regulation and the Crisis
- Global Recession and Finance
- Paradigm Shift in Global Economy
- Derivatives & Global Financial Crisis
- Global Economic Crisis: Too Much Debt
- Indian Economy in a Downward Spiral
- Future of Globalization after Crisis
- Effect of Globalization on Young Workforce
- Globalization and Young Workforce
- Globalization and Its Effect on American and Asian Leaders
- Globalization & Trickle Down Theory
- Effect of Crisis on Indian IT & BPO Sector
- Typical Responses to the Global Crises
- New Frontier for Globalization
- The Global Move towards Austerity
- The Double Whammy of Austerity and Unemployment Confronting the West
- International Capital is Country Blind and Seeks Returns instead of Sentiments
- How the Economic Boom of 1990s and 2000s Resulted in Debt, Environmental Destruction and Inequalities
- Historical Origins of the Present Global Economic Crisis
- Why We Should Not Let the Present Global Crisis Go Waste and Make Positive Changes
- Why Reforms are the Only Answer to the Current Crisis Confronting India
- The Great Deleveraging and the Reason why the Global Economic Recovery would Falter
- BRICS: The Next Frontier for Investors
- Investing in Sin Industries: Are They Worth the Hassle ?
- The Future of Energy
- The Future of Work
- Future of Work and Its Impact on Students and Professionals
- New Emerging Markets: Mexico, Indonesia, Nigeria and Turkey (MINTs)
- The Rise of Impact Investing and its Relevance to the 21st Century
- Ageing Populations in the West and their Impact on Healthcare Management
- A Comparison of Healthcare Systems around the World
- The Pitfalls of the Canadian Healthcare System
- Medical Tourism and its Potential for Developing Countries
- The Benefits of Automation for the Healthcare Sector
- Healthcare Systems and their Functioning During Hard Times
- The Need for Accountability in the Healthcare Sector
- The Passage of Health Care Reform (Obamacare) and its Implications for the US
- The Role of Electronic Healthcare Records in the Healthcare Sector
- Why is HealthCare Expensive in the United States ?
- Is India on the Brink of a Serious Economic Crisis?
- The Healthcare Sector must cater to all sections instead of only for those who can pay
- What is Health Insurance and the Different Health Insurance Systems around the World
- The Shock of Gray and Its Implications for the Healthcare Sector
- Why Europe is Broke and no amount of Central Bank Monetary Easing would Help
- Why the Eurozone Crisis is about to get a whole lot worse than now
- Is India the Next China in Terms of Economic Growth ?
- How to Leverage the Demographic Dividend and Manage Demographic Deficit ?
- Why Growth is Stalling around the World ?
- Top Five Challenges Facing the Chinese Economy
- Top Six Economic Consequences of the Refugee Crisis
- The Ugly Face of Contract Farming
- What is Crop Insurance - Risks and Its Future
- Doing Business in India
- Robot Advisors in Asia
- Tough Times for the Indian IT Sector
- International Monetary Fund and Fake Austerity
- Why a United States Recession Seems Imminent ?
- The Potential Slowdown in Indian Information Technology
- Boardroom Battles at the Tata Group
- Trumped up Trickle Down Economics
- Why Trumps India-China Comparison is Senseless ?
- Indias Demonetization Policy: Will it Work ?
- Demonetization and Its Impact on the Indian Economy
- Digital Payments: What they are, How they Work, and their Benefits and Problems
- The Promise and Peril of the Digital Economy
- Move to a Digital Economy Cannot Happen Without the Government Providing the Ecosystem
- Chinese Foray into European Economy
- What Does a Trump Win Mean ?
- Donald Trumps Stance on Illegal Immigration
- Why Donald Trump Will be able to Stop Outsourcing ?
- Free Immigration and Welfare State
- Getting Mexico to Pay for the Wall
- Is NAFTA as bad as Donald Trump says it is ?
- The Economics of Drug Prohibition
- The Economic Consequences of the War on Drugs
- The Reeling Scottish Economy
- Is Australia Really Recession Proof ?
- South Korea: A Stunning Success Story
- Saudi Arabias Cash Crunch
- Socialism and Prosperity in the Nordic Countries
- How Governments, Businesses, and Individuals Can Survive the Age of Automation
- Why Governments, Businesses, and Other Stakeholders must prepare for the Coming Age of Longevity
- How Firms and Corporates Grow in any Economy
- The H1B Visa Conundrum
- The Negative Impact of H1B Visa Reforms
- Can Jobs be Stolen ?
- The Many Disruptions of the Indian Telecom Sector
- Rebuilding the Greek Economy
- Will Automation Kill the Economy ?
- Should Robots be Taxed ?
- The Internet of Things
- How Internet of Things (IoT) Will Impact Our Daily Lives?
- The Consequences of an Indo-American Trade War
- Is a Pollution Tax Worth it ?
- Is Dubai Really Tax Free ?
- The Chinese Internet Story
- Privatization of Water
- Economics of the Electric Car
- Rebuilding Americas Inner Cities
- Rehabilitating the American Retail Worker
- Why Nations and Firms must Pursue Growth, but, Sustainably and Responsibly ?
- Different Growth Strategies for Firms Aiming to Become Market Leaders
- The Business Model of Amazon
- The Canadian Housing Bubble
- The German Small and Medium Enterprises (SME) Story
- 5 Ways Trumps Tax Cuts Could Go Awry
- Managing the Millennials: Some Approaches
- What Marketers Need to Know and Do to Market to Millennials
- Will the GST (Goods and Services Tax) be the Game-Changer for the Indian Economy?
- Rags to Riches and Back: The Story of Chinese Boom and Bust
- The Problems with Protectionism
- Multinational Companies (MNCs) in the Era of Protectionism
- The Singapore Growth Model
- How do Firms such as Uber, AirBnB, and Upwork Compete in the New Digital Economy ?
- Causes for the Present Slowdown in the Indian Economy ?
- Will London Still be the Financial Capital of the World ?
- Houston Disaster and Federal Flood Insurance
- Can the Government be Run Like a Business?
- The Business Model of AirBnB
- Is this the New Normal for the Indian Economy?
- The Argument for Privatization of Airports
- ERISA Act - The Government Mandated Stock Market Crash
- Immigration in the Age of Trump and Brexit and What Potential Immigrants Can Do
- Global Race between American and Chinese Firms for Profitability and Survival
- Challenges Facing Indian Corporates Operating in a Low Growth Environment
- Demonetization, One Year On: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly
- What the Current Wave of Protectionism and Populism mean for the Future of Globalization and Free Trade
- How Global Firms can Benefit from the Worldwide Rush into Renewable Energy Sources
- Turning the Heat On: A Case Study of the Indian Solar Industry
- The Kansas Experiment
- Prospects for the Indian Economy in 2018: Turbulence, Recovery, or Steady Growth?
- Amazons Tax Evasion Game
- Game Changing Digital Governance Ideas: The Case Study of Aadhar in India
- Chinese Ties with Eastern Europe
- Does NAFTA really Benefit Mexico?
- How Genuine is Chinas Growth Story?
- The Apple iPhone Controversy
- Apple Inc. Gets a Tax Bonanza
- What the Indian Economy Needs to Do Right Now: Create Jobs, Jobs, and More Jobs
- What Makes Some Cities and Regions Hotspots of Innovation
- Economic Impact of the Failed Coup in Turkey
- How Uneven and Unequal Growth is Fueling Social Unrest Worldwide
- How Low Skilled Workers Face an Uncertain Future and What They can do About it
- The Economic Impact of Cape Towns Water Crisis
- Google: Conflicts of Interest
- The Benefits of Buying Local
- The Misguided Saudi Bailout
- The Economic Effects of Digital Distractions
- The New Economics of the Music Industry
- Maldives: The Latest Victim of Chinese Debt Diplomacy
- Amazons Foray into Shipping
- The Great American Tariff War
- Why India Must Urgently Address its Out of Control Urban Crisis?
- The High Cost of Traffic Jams
- The Why and How of Cities Worldwide Competing in a Race to Attract Investments
- Why Some Pharmaceutical Drugs are Very Expensive?
- The Ugly Side of Pharma Economics
- Fiat Currency and Trade Deficit
- What are Trade Wars and How Do They Affect Economies, Businesses, and Individuals?
- Two Myths Surrounding American Economic Policy
- Amazon vs. Trump
- Amazons Vertical Integration
- Chinas Organized Intellectual Property Theft
- Chinas Emerging Power in Latin America
- Impact of Trumps Tax Plan on Outsourcing
- Why are Wages Not Rising in America?
- The Rise of India as a Manufacturing Hub
- Can Multinationals Rein In The National Rifle Association?
- Handling the Dreamers Crisis
- The Economic Impact of the Power Grab in China
- How Sports Became Big Business and Its Implications for All Stakeholders
- Corporate and Individual Strategies to Respond to the Protectionism Worldwide
- The Walmart-Flipkart Deal and Its Implications for the eCommerce and Retail Sectors
- Implications of Emerging Trends in Tourism for Developing Countries and Societies
- Case Study of the Indian Aviation Sector: Soaring High or Turbulence Ahead
- Early Bird Catches the Worm: Why First Mover Advantage Matters to Everyone
- Why Viewing Global Trade in Zero Sum Terms is Shortsighted and Self Defeating
- How Singapore Became a World Class Regional Financial and Commercial Hub
- Economic Shocks, Creative Destruction, and Their Effects on Nations and Individuals
- Historic Greek Debt Relief Deal and the Lessons for Other Nations from this Crisis
- Barriers to India achieving Double Digit Growth
- Effects of FIFA World Cup on the Economy
- Germany: An Economic Powerhouse
- Looking beyond BRICS for the Next Economic Hotspots
- Why the World Needs an Urban Rejuvenation for Sustainable Urbanization
- Missed Call: A Case Study of the Indian Telecom Industry in the Post Liberalization Era
- What is FOMO (Fear of Missing out) and how it Impacts all of us in the Digital Age
- United We Stand, Divided We Fall: Can the European Union Survive as a Cohesive Unit?
- How to Prepare for a Future of Digital and Physical Convergence
- Smart Cities - What they are, How Realistic are they, and what can be done
- Has the internet lived up to its promise of an Egalitarian and Just World?
- The Emerging Connected Future and Digital Utopia and What it Means for Us
- The Power of Technology Firms over Our Lives
- Why the Indian Education Sector is Badly in Need of Reforms and Revamp at all Levels
- Masters of the Universe: A Case Study of the Global Investment Banking Sector
- The Economic and Foreign Policies of President Trump and How They Affect Corporates
- The Implications of the Global Debt Trap for Countries, Businesses, and Individuals
- What is Ease of Business rankings and why do they matter to countries like India?
- The Push towards Digital India: Hopes, Prospects, and Realities
- The State of the Indian Economy - Choices before Indian Voters in an Election Year
- Californias Proposed Mileage Tax
- The Link between the Drug War and Immigration
- What is Custo Brazil
- The Misconceptions about Poverty
- How Chinese Corporations Are Going Global?
- Switching Over From Socialism to Capitalism
- The Economic Blockade of Qatar
- The AT&T - Time Warner Merger
- Strong Medicine: A Case Study of the Indian Healthcare Sector
- Malaysia Launches Crowd Funding Campaign to Pay for National Debt
- The Air India Fiasco
- The Argument against Planned Obsolescence
- Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo: Convicted Criminals?
- The Rise of E-Sports
- The IMF Led Tax Reforms in Jordan
- Braked Acceleration: A Case Study of the Indian Automobile Industry
- The Argentine Currency Crisis
- Bernie Sanders Guarantee Jobs Proposal
- Chinas Interest in Venezuela
- The Mouse Charmers: A Case Study of the Indian Information Technology Industry
- Effects of Donald Trumps Withdrawal from the Iran Deal
- Kar Lo Duniya Mutti Mein: The Game Changing Case of Reliance Jio
- Finlands Failed Universal Basic Income Experiment
- Immigration: The Key to Canadas Economic Future
- How Bundled Healthcare Works?
- The Economic Challenges Facing Russia
- The Economic Implications of Facebook Data Breach
- Turkey's Overheating Economy
- Spotify: A Music Streaming App Worth $20 Billion!
- The Free Healthcare Debate
- The Fuel Price Conundrum in India
- The Gender Pay Gap Debate
- The Impact of the Strengthening Dollar
- The Importance of Infrastructure Sector
- Hamesha Acche Din: Some Trends in the Indian FMCG Sector
- The Resource Curse: The Problem with Commodity Dependence
- The Seattle Homeless Tax Conundrum
- The World of Private Equity
- Top 5 Economic Myths
- Venezuela Mafia Offer to India
- Why The Big Tech Monopoly Needs To Be Broken?
- Ill Effects of a Sino American Trade War
- How A Private Money Market Would Work?
- Nation Branding
- The Financial Effects of the US Government Shutdown
- The Problem with Antitrust Laws
- Why Electric Cars Arent Really Environment Friendly?
- National Competitiveness - Meaning and Its Myths
- Chinas Objectives behind the Belt and Road Initiative
- The Beneficiaries of US-China Trade War
- The Kentucky Pension Problem
- The Laissez Faire Approach To Immigration
- The Problem with the United States Postal Service
- Why Facebook Wants To Be Regulated?
- The Impact of AMLO Win on the Mexican Economy
- Indias New Draft E-Commerce Policy
- Fighting a Price War
- The Problem with Modicare
- Economic Challenges Facing Imran Khan in Pakistan
- Wage Increases and Tax Cuts
- Economic Impact of the River Interlinking Project
- E-Pharmacy in India
- Can Pakistan Survive Without Economic Aid?
- Indias Angel Tax
- Should Infrastructure Spending Be Centralized?
- Facebooks $120 Billion Debacle
- Should Prices Always Rise?
- Viking Economics
- Why India Should Abolish Personal Income Taxes?
- How Countries Can Reduce Tax Evasion
- The Economic Impact of Cheap Oil
- Rapid Business Growth Must Not Be At The Expense of Quality, Safety, and Reliability
- The Pros and Cons of Amazons and Walmart- Flipkart Long Game in Indian eCommerce
- Why the Business and Commerce Battles in the Digital Age are over Data as the New Oil
- Why India Must Revamp its Education Sector If it Wants to Become a Global Powerhouse
- Why Obamacare Wasnt Really Health Insurance?
- The End of the Indian IT Sector
- Different Types of Online Business Models
- Was Hillary Advocating Trickle Down Economics?
- What Are Mobile Wallets?
- France Faces an Economic Emergency
- Is the Global Economy headed for another Recession and what are Indias Prospects?
- What Would Happen If America Leaves NAFTA?
- Europes Economic Woes
- The Facebook Debacle and the Own Your Data Movement
- The Pros and Cons of Defense Spending
- Trade Tariffs and the American Petrodollar Supremacy
- The Impact of GDPR on Business
- Trumps $12 Billion Farm Bailout
- Why Are Industrial Companies Acquiring Tech Startups?
- Apples Trillion Dollar Achievement and Also Some Forthcoming Challenges
- Can India Really Boycott Chinese Goods?
- Car as a Service (CaaS)
- Europes Controversial Common Agricultural Policy
- Has The Greek Crisis Ended?
- How Companies Are Avoiding Tariffs
- Why Did the Indian Rupee Crash?
- Why Tax Harmonization in the Eurozone Is a Bad Idea
- How the Sharing Economy Is Different
- The Great South African Land Grab
- The Ranbaxy Fiasco
- The Turkish Collapse and Its Effect on Europe
- Americas Response to Chinas Belt and Road Initiative
- The Introduction of Property Tax in China
- Data Localization: An In-Depth Analysis
- Factors behind the Rise of the Swiss Economy
- Has The Fed Gone Crazy?
- Is Amazons Minimum Wage Announcement Altruistic?
- Symptoms of an Overheating Economy
- The Effect of Rising Oil Prices on the Indian Economy
- The Facebook Data Breach
- The New NAFTA Deal
- Universal Broadband: A Basic Human Right?
- Will Crowdfunding be Enough to Build Pakistani Dams?
- Zimbabwes Road to Economic Recovery
- The Bangladesh Growth Story
- Cambodia and Chinese Debt Trap Diplomacy
- Donald Trump and the Rise of Reality TV Governance and Lessons for Other Leaders
- How Can Iran Circumvent American Sanctions?
- Italys Newest Crisis
- What Is Chinas Deleveraging Strategy?
- Cannabis Legalization: Impact on Canadian Economy
- Cloud Kitchen: The Newest Innovation in the Restaurant Business
- Universal Basic Income in India: Examining the Arguments For and Against the Proposal
- Economic Consequences of Khashoggi Murder
- Are Smart Cities The Answer to Urbanization of the World? Examining the Pros and Cons
- Why Radical Disruption Is Not Always Beneficial: Lessons from Demonetization
- International Monetary Fund: A Closer Look
- Do Farm Loan Waivers and Bank Bailouts Make for Sound Economic and Fiscal Policies?
- Power Shift: How the Internet Has Spawned a New Class of Powerbrokers in All Fields
- How Algorithms Rule Our Lives and What Businesses, Consumers, and Citizens Can Do
- Top Trends Businesses Have to Look Out for in 2019
- Is the World Economy Dependent on America?
- The Brazilian Economy under Bolsonaro
- The Great Indian NBFC Crisis
- The Saudi-American Financial Relationship
- Will Pakistan Ever Be Able to Pay Back Its Loans?
- The Facebook Meme Controversy
- Indias New E-Commerce Guidelines
- Tesla Tax Breaks and Nevada's Economy
- Economic Effects of Government Shutdown
- The Ubiquitous Smartphone and How It Has Transformed Business and Commerce
- Impact of Crime on South African Economy
- Seattle's Homelessness Crisis
- The Economics of Code Sharing Agreements
- The Huawei's Conundrum
- Why Income Taxes Should Be Abolished?
- Why The Shutdown Is Only An Eyewash?
- Can India Really Guarantee a Minimum Income?
- China vs. Taiwan: An Economic Comparison
- Why Wealth Tax has been Abolished All Over the World?
- How the Philippines Beat India at its Own Game
- The Economic Effect of the American Deep Freeze
- Amazon Pulls Out of New York HQ2
- The Battle In the Automobile Aftermarket
- Is Indias Financial Onslaught on Pakistan Really Effective?
- Private Equity in India
- Who are HNIs and why they Matter in Both Positive and Negative Ways
- Pros and Cons of Opportunity Zones in America
- Should There be Reservations in the Private Sector and the Alternatives for Social Justice
- Why The Brexit May Be Beneficial for Britain?
- The Economics of Electronic Healthcare Records
- Trump's Trade War with the European Union
- Germany's Economic Decline and the Fate of The Eurozone
- How North Korea Survives Sanctions?
- Why Jet Airway's Problems are Symptomatic of the Troubles in the Indian Aviation Sector
- Banning of Unregulated Deposits in India
- Economics of Mobile Phones in Africa
- How 5G Will Affect Businesses?
- How Elections Impact The Economy?
- Economic Impact of Pakistans Oil Discovery
- How The Chinese Slowdown Hit Apple?
- Pharmacy Benefit Managers: The Root Cause of High Healthcare Prices
- The Economics of Nuclear Weapons
- Chinas Crackdown on the Gaming Industry
- Crackdown on Indian Credit Rating Firms
- The Economic Riots in Frances
- The Financial Effects of An Indo-Pak War
- Trump and the American National Emergency
- How Effective Are Sanctions In Enforcing Compliance and When Do They Backfire?
- The Economic Challenges before the Next Indian Government and Some Solutions
- How Crony Capitalism has Crippled the Indian Economy and Rendered it Uncompetitive
- Why Are American Companies No Longer Manufacturing Cars?
- Economic Impact of the Boeing Fiasco
- Executive Pay: The Curious Case of Carlos Ghosns Arrest
- Why Are Oil Prices Changing Gears?
- Government Spending vs. Government Taxation
- The Economics of the Caravan Crisis
- New York: Amazons Choice for HQ2
- The Rise of the Global Nomad and what it Means for all of Us and the World at Large
- Americas Municipal Debt Problem
- Donald Trumps Shady Financial Dealings
- Psephology and the Art and Science of Getting Election Outcomes Right with Accuracy
- The European Digital Tax
- Nigeria: A Strange Mix of Poverty and Oil Wealth
- The Apple Credit Card
- No Matter Who Wins the Elections, the Indian Economy is headed for Turbulence Times
- The Problem with Indias Proposed Universal Basic Income Scheme
- The Digital Menu and the Restaurant Industry
- Is the American Dream Over? a Critical Commentary on the Future of the United States
- The Effect of the Trade Deal on American Farmers
- The Green New Deal
- Is the Indian Economy at Risk of Turning into another Greece or Thailand?
- The Two Conflicting Theories of Recession
- Why is the Green New Deal Being Equated to Socialism?
- Why Is India Following a Loose Monetary Policy?
- Brexit and the fall of British Steel
- Why is Sweden Facing a Currency Crisis?
- Drug Counterfeiting in India
- Economic Impact of Sri Lankan Attacks
- How China Destroyed Its Electric Vehicle Market
- Italys Citizen Income Proposal
- Focusing on Forecasting
- The Case against Free College Tuition
- The Future of Mobility and Opportunities for Investors, Entrepreneurs, and Businesses
- The Indian Shadow Banking Crisis and its Implications for the Future of the Economy
- The Deal between Pakistan and IMF
- The Instex Payment System
- The Effect of Trumps new Iran Policy
- As the World Ages, are we prepared to deal with the Consequences of the Shock of Grey
- What Explains the Decline of the Left in India and its Resurgence in the United States?
- Can Credit Card Interest Rates be Capped?
- How the Promised Utopia of Technology is Turning into a Perilous Dystopian Nightmare
- Why Indians Must Change Their Work Habits to Become World Class Professionals
- Why Brexit is Making the European Union Look Good?
- The Interconnectedness between the American Economy and the World Economy
- Canadas Protectionist Economic Policies
- How will the Sino American Trade War End?
- Debunking the Tariff Myth
- Is Huawei Ban Serving American Interests?
- The Coffee Crisis
- The Diesel Downturn
- The Economics of Tax Amnesty Schemes
- The Fight over Rare Earth Minerals
- The Sino American Trade War: Forced Technology Transfers
- Why the Turkish Debt Situation is Different?
- Are Multinational Companies a Boon or a Bane?
- Chinas Wealth Gap Problem
- Digital Cash: Advantages and Disadvantages
- Facebooks Entry into the Worlds Payment Systems
- Indias Automobile Downturn
- Is Israel Really an Economic Miracle?
- Mexico: The Auto Hub of the World
- New Zealand and the Wellbeing Budget
- The Huawei Russia Deal
- The Trade Deal between America and Mexico
- The Economics of E-Waste
- Why a War with Iran would be Bad for America?
- Why are American Medicare Expenses Rising Rapidly?
- Are the Recent Layoffs in the Tech and Other Industry Firms Justified? Some Perspectives
- Is the Indian Economy About to Return to the Decades of the Hindu Rate of Growth?
- Trust is the Key to Building Successful Companies and Great Nations
- Looking Ahead: What 2020 has in Store for Corporates and Some Perspectives
- Do Demography and Poor Economic Conditions Explain Indias Youth Uprising?
- Can Jeff Bezos of Amazon who is Betting Big on India Succeed in His Endeavour?
- The Debate over the Continuity of Policies When Governments Change and Implications
- Why there are Fewer Women in the Workforce and what can be done to rectify this
- Why Facebook must be Prevented from being used to Interfere in Elections Worldwide
- Why the Upcoming Budget Entails Difficult Decisions and Challenges for the Modi Sarkar
- Why is India Turning Inward When it Stands to Gain from Opening up its Economy
- How the Relationship between the Present Government and India Inc. Needs Repair
- Are We Losing Sight of the Longer Term Because of Future Fatigue and Present Shock?
- What Davos teaches us about Networking and Deal-making at the Highest Levels?
- How the Coronavirus Threatens the Global Economy and Lessons to be learnt
- Does the Coronavirus Represent another Threat to Globalisation Already Under Attack?
- How the Indian Budget 2020 is an Exercise in Wishful Optimism Amidst Doom and Gloom
- Are We Living in a Reality TV Like World? How Does This Impact Business and Society?
- What Happens After the #MeToo Movement? Some Perspectives on the Way Ahead
- Why the Present Job Crisis in India is a Perfect Storm of Converging Trends
- The Pros and Cons of Reserving Jobs for Locals and Regional and Linguistic Chauvinism
- The Changing Role of the CEOs in the Digital Age and What It Means for Them
- Why the 2020 Presidential Election in the United States are Pivotal to Global Businesses
- Are Indian Start-ups and eCommerce Firms Living in Fantasy Land without Profits?
- What India Inc. Expects from President Trump and Likely Outcomes from His Visit
- How Should the Indian Government Manage a Possible Collapse of the Financial System
- How the Coronavirus Outbreak Would Change the Way We Work and Live in the Future
- As the World Grind to a Halt, a Look Ahead at What is in Store for the Global Economy
- Is the Coronavirus Outbreak a Black Swan Event and the Lessons from It to All of Us?
- The Need for a New Financial Architecture for the Global Economy and Some Suggestions
- Moving beyond the Lockdowns: What Would be a New Normal Post Coronavirus State
- Will the World Ever Be Normal Again? Examining the Impact of the Covid 19 Outbreak
- How the Covid 19 Outbreak Can Become a Catalyst for Class Conflict and Social Unrest
- The Coronavirus Recession
- How COVID-19 is Affecting Emerging Economies?
- How Has COVID-19 Impacted The Global Supply Chain?
- COVID 19 and Universal Basic Income
- COVID 19 and Monetary Policy
- Coronavirus and the Fiscal Policy
- Coronavirus and the Unemployment Crisis
- The Economic Impact of the COVID-19 Policies
- How Much Should the Government Help Struggling Businesses in Times of Crises
- How the Covid 19 Outbreak Has Exposed the Fault Lines in the Western World
- Is the Worldwide Panic and Hysteria Over the Coronavirus Outbreak Justified by Data?
- Why Businesses Must Prepare for Chaos and Confusion as the New Normal to Come
- Offshoring and Outsourcing Firms in the New Normal and what is in Store for Them?
- Why India Inc. Must Prepare for a Perfect Storm of Converging Crises
- Will Coronavirus Cause a Debt Crisis
- Can Companies Really Exit China?
- COVID 19 and Its Impact on the Technology Sector
- COVID-19 and the Retail Sector
- The Power of Gatekeepers Who Control Data and Information in a Digital World
- The Impact of COVID-19 on Start-ups
- The Impact of COVID-19 on the Global Oil Market
- Impact of COVID-19 on Small Businesses
- Impact of COVID-19 on the Real Estate Sector
- Businesses Feel Electing an American President is Like Choosing Between Coke and Pepsi
- How the Covid Crisis Underscores the Importance of Statistics and Data Modelling
- Will the United States Descend Into Anarchy and Civil War After the 2020 Elections?
- What the Chaotic Presidential Election and the Aftermath Reveal About the United States
- Why Corporates Need to be Social Media Savvy in a 24/7 World Driven by Technology
- Is the Pandemic Tipping the Indian Economy into a Depression and Avoiding a Crisis
- Will Joe Bidens Presidency be good or bad for Businesses, Trade and the Markets?
- With Vaccines Being Rolled Out, Can We Expect the World to Return to Normal?
- Why the Chief Technology Officer has become so critical to the Success of Corporates?
- How the Pandemic is a Nightmare for Small Businesses and Ways to Help Them
- Are Women Leaders Better Than Their Male Counterparts? Lessons from the Pandemic
- Why are there so Many Protests Everywhere and What can be Done to Address Them
- If 2020 was bad for Businesses, How Will 2021 Be? Extrapolating the Present Trends
- What is Commercial Arbitration and How Firms Use it to Settle Business Disputes
- Where Does the United States Go From Here and the Impact on Business and Economy?
- When Businesses Become Political: Are Facebook and Twitter Right in Banning Trump?
- Does India Inc. Have a Diversity Problem? Should Indian Firms Do More for Inclusivity?
- Is the Indian Economy Returning to the Much Dreaded Hindu Rate of Growth Trap?
- Why the Epidemic of Stress is Endemic in the Post Pandemic World and How to combat it
- What is Carbon Neutrality and Why Businesses Must Embrace it before it is Too Late
- Should Corporates Implement Affirmative Action as a Means of Ensuring Social Justice?
- Why the Indian Financial System is in a Mess and How to save it from Collapse and Chaos
- The Bill Gates Saga and How Corporates/NGOs Should Handle Executive Misconduct
- The Glocal Approach in Business Is Applying Practical Intelligence in the Real World
- What is China Plus Strategy and Why it Can Become a Game Changer for the Indian Economy?
- Whats Behind the Big Tech Meltdown? Is It a Temporary Blip or a Longer Term Reckoning?