Importance of Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
Customer Relationship management is the strongest and the most efficient approach in maintaining and creating relationships with customers.
Customer relationship management is not only pure business but also ideate strong personal bonding within people. Development of this type of bonding drives the business to new levels of success.
Once this personal and emotional linkage is built, it is very easy for any organization to identify the actual needs of customer and help them to serve them in a better way. It is a belief that more the sophisticated strategies involved in implementing the customer relationship management, the more strong and fruitful is the business.
Most of the organizations have dedicated world class tools for maintaining CRM systems into their workplace. Some of the efficient tools used in most of the renowned organization are BatchBook, Salesforce, Buzzstream, Sugar CRM etc.Looking at some broader perspectives given as below we can easily determine why a CRM System is always important for an organization.
- A CRM system consists of a historical view and analysis of all the acquired or to be acquired customers. This helps in reduced searching and correlating customers and to foresee customer needs effectively and increase business.
- CRM contains each and every bit of details of a customer, hence it is very easy for track a customer accordingly and can be used to determine which customer can be profitable and which not.
- In CRM system, customers are grouped according to different aspects according to the type of business they do or according to physical location and are allocated to different customer managers often called as account managers. This helps in focusing and concentrating on each and every customer separately.
- A CRM system is not only used to deal with the existing customers but is also useful in acquiring new customers.
The process first starts with identifying a customer and maintaining all the corresponding details into the CRM system which is also called an Opportunity of Business.
The Sales and Field representatives then try getting business out of these customers by sophistically following up with them and converting them into a winning deal. All this is very easily and efficiently done by an integrated CRM system.
- The strongest aspect of Customer Relationship Management is that it is very cost-effective.
The advantage of decently implemented CRM system is that there is very less need of paper and manual work which requires lesser staff to manage and lesser resources to deal with.
The technologies used in implementing a CRM system are also very cheap and smooth as compared to the traditional way of business.
- All the details in CRM system is kept centralized which is available anytime on fingertips. This reduces the process time and increases productivity.
- Efficiently dealing with all the customers and providing them what they actually need increases the customer satisfaction. This increases the chance of getting more business which ultimately enhances turnover and profit.
- If the customer is satisfied they will always be loyal to you and will remain in business forever resulting in increasing customer base and ultimately enhancing net growth of business.
In todays commercial world, practice of dealing with existing customers and thriving business by getting more customers into loop is predominant and is mere a dilemma.
Installing a CRM system can definitely improve the situation and help in challenging the new ways of marketing and business in an efficient manner. Hence in the era of business every organization should be recommended to have a full-fledged CRM system to cope up with all the business needs.
|❮❮ Previous||Next ❯❯|
Authorship/Referencing - About the Author(s)
The article is Written By Prachi Juneja and Reviewed By Management Study Guide Content Team. MSG Content Team comprises experienced Faculty Member, Professionals and Subject Matter Experts. We are a ISO 2001:2015 Certified Education Provider. To Know more, click on About Us. The use of this material is free for learning and education purpose. Please reference authorship of content used, including link(s) to ManagementStudyGuide.com and the content page url.
- Customer Relationship Management
- Origin of CRM
- Features of CRM
- Importance of CRM
- CRM and Marketing
- CRM and HR
- Misunderstandings about CRM
- Benefits and Challenges of CRM Software
- CRM (Customer Relationship Management) Software and Its Importance
- What is Customer Relationship
- Types of Customers
- Orientation of Customers
- Customer Modeling
- Customer Profiling
- Regression Scoring
- Quality of Relatiosnhip with Customers
- Need of Relatiosnhip with Customers
- Customer Relationship with Supplier
- Cost Sensitivity of Customers
- Bargaining Power of Customers
- Customer Relationship Measurement
- Market Research and CRM
- Market Research Process
- Desk Research
- Field Research
- Data Analysis and Compilation
- Report Preparation
- Action Plan in Report Preparation
- Strategic CRM
- Operational CRM
- Analytical CRM
- Collaborative CRM
- Customers Response - Introduction
- Measuring Customer Response
- Medium of Customer Responses
- Qualities of a Good Response
- Response in Consumer Sector
- Response in Core Sector
- Customer Acquisition - Introduction
- Customer Life Cycle
- Customer Acquisition Cost
- Measuring Acquisition Equity
- Customer Loyalty - Introduction
- Customer Loyalty & Satisfaction
- Drivers of Customer Loyalty
- Customer Loyalty Breakers
- Tracking Customer Loyalty
- Increasing Customer Loyalty
- Customer Satisfaction
- Why Dissatisfaction in Customers
- Measuring Customer Satisfaction
- Methods of Measuring Satisfaction
- Factors affecting Customer Satisfaction
- Customer Retention - Introduction
- Customer Retention Strategy
- Determinants of Customer Retention
- Methods/Tools for Customer Retention
- Myths about Customer Retention
- Benefits of Cloud CRM for Small Businesses
- Practical Tips for Effectively Implementing Salesforce