Line organization is the most oldest and simplest method of administrative organization. According to this type of organization, the authority flows from top to bottom in a concern. The line of command is carried out from top to bottom. This is the reason for calling this organization as scalar organization which means scalar chain of command is a part and parcel of this type of administrative organization. In this type of organization, the line of command flows on an even basis without any gaps in communication and co- ordination taking place.
Features of Line Organization
- It is the most simplest form of organization.
- Line of authority flows from top to bottom.
- Specialized and supportive services do not take place in these organization.
- Unified control by the line officers can be maintained since they can independently take decisions in their areas and spheres.
- This kind of organization always helps in bringing efficiency in communication and bringing stability to a concern.