How Blockchain can Help Human Resource Managers in Efficient Management
What is Blockchain and Why It can Help Human Resource Managers
Blockchain Technology is being touted as the next big thing to emerge in the field of distributed ledger systems.
Blockchain works by maintaining a database of records where each record is stored in the form of an encrypted key and where each record can be authenticated for accuracy, genuineness, and security maintained through peer to peer verification process.
For instance, any changes to the records are done only after such changes are authenticated by the rest of users in the system so that wrong and incorrect data is not stored in the database.
This peer to peer verification ensures data integrity and data consistency across the system and hence, is a boon to those who are looking for ways and means maintain reliable and accurate data.
Where such efficiency matters is in the realm of organisations having to access secure data such as employee data, applicant data, attendance data, payroll data, compliance data, and most importantly, reporting the data on dashboards.
All these functions that a typical Human Resource Manager does everyday can be made easy and efficient through the use of Blockchain technology which means that implementing it would enhance the effectiveness of such operations.
Specific Case of Recruitment which can be Made More Efficient
To start with, take the case of the recruitment process where HR managers need the applicant data to be correct and verified so that there are no fake resumes or fudged applications reaching the system and worse, such candidates being selected.
To ensure that applicant data is correct, HR managers can simply use a Blockchain database to access the same and verify it using the Distributed Ledger Technology.
Indeed, resumes can become a thing of the past as HR managers can simply access applicant data in an industry wide database and then, track the progress of the candidate during his or her education and career that eliminates the chances of fake data and fudgy applicants reaching the organisation.
Further, having industry wide Blockchain databases also ensures that each candidate is evaluated for the accomplishments that they have done without having to search multiple data stores or many such databases.
In other words, finding whether a particular candidate is what he or she claims to be is made easier.
Thus, Blockchain is best used for automating and streamlining the recruitment systems in organisations that reduce time, increase accuracy, and help HRM staff to become more efficient.
How Blockchain Helps Gig Economy HRM Staff to Streamline the Processes
Another key advantage of using Blockchain is in the realm of the so-called Gig Economy or the Part Time work component in organisations.
Using Blockchain, HR managers can ensure that all linked data such as the number of hours worked or the tasks completed is accurate and reliable and at the same time, by linking the wages and the payouts to the former, timely payments can be made without the HR managers having to go through each of the records for the Gig Workers.
Indeed, the emergence of Blockchain is parallel to that of the Gig Economy and perhaps, this explains why both have become so popular for organisations to implement.
Moreover, Smart Contracts can be drawn up wherein minute details and deep data can be maintained for each Gig Worker and in the process, HR managers can also use the same Industry databases to verify whether such part timers are what they claim to be.
In addition, there is no need for elaborate verification systems for payroll, reporting, auditing, and compliance.
Thus, each of the activities in the HRM value chain becomes more efficient with the use of Blockchain technology reducing time and ensuring that organisations can derive efficiencies from the economies of scale and the synergies from integration.
Reporting, Auditing, and Compliance Processes
Any technology is usually associated with innovative and efficient improvements over the existing processes. Blockchain too fits into this with its emphasis on streamlining and time reduction of each task in the HRM value chain.
Moreover, reporting becomes easy as all that the HR staffs has to do is to pull out the relevant data from the ledger or the database and then without having to verify such data in a time consuming manner can instead, use it to enhance the efficiency of reporting.
In addition, legal auditing and compliance usually demands the most accurate and timely data and Blockchain due to its obvious advantages in this respect can ensure that such regulatory reporting is made easier.
Further, reporting on dashboards such as an automated HR Scorecard real time reporting system is also part of the benefits that Blockchain brings to the table.
Of course, overreliance on technology has its own drawbacks and hence, it is also the case that HR managers have to have access to the most trusted ledgers containing the data and not trust any database blindly.
How Blockchain Rocks?
Last, using the combination of Blockchain, Artificial Intelligence, and Analytics, HR Managers can become more predictive in anticipating trends related to HRM. They can fill in vacant positions in a timelier manner as these technologies reduce the time taken by leaps and bounds and what more, they can also enhance the authenticity and reliability of data. In addition, they can scale up quickly which means that there is a wider applicant pool as well as a deeper data store to draw the data from.
With all these advantages, industries insiders predict that it is a matter of time before most, if not all organisations adopt Blockchain for HRM.
|❮❮ Previous||Next ❯❯|
- Hiring & Firing of Workers: Perspectives
- What to do if You are Laid Off from Job
- Termination and Outplacement
Authorship/Referencing - About the Author(s)
The article is Written By Prachi Juneja and Reviewed By Management Study Guide Content Team. MSG Content Team comprises experienced Faculty Member, Professionals and Subject Matter Experts. We are a ISO 2001:2015 Certified Education Provider. To Know more, click on About Us. The use of this material is free for learning and education purpose. Please reference authorship of content used, including link(s) to ManagementStudyGuide.com and the content page url.
- H R Management - Introduction
- Importance of HRM
- Scope of HRM
- Various Processes in HRM
- What is Human Resource Planning ?
- The HRM Function
- Functions of a Human Resource Manager
- Staffing Role of the HR Manager
- Role of HRM in Leadership Development
- Role of HR in People Empowerment
- Talent Management and HRM
- Management of Contractors
- Performance Management as a HR Management Concept
- Successful Performance Management
- Hiring Strategies
- Social Media Profiles for Hiring Decisions
- Importance of Background Checks
- Retention Strategies
- Strategic HRM
- Global HRM
- Personnel Management vs HRM
- Managing Employee Performance
- Performance Appraisal Process
- Performance Appraisal Interview
- Managing Employee Relations
- Employee Rewards and Recognition
- Variable Pay
- Diversity in Organizations
- Managing Workforce Diversity
- Workplace Health and Safety
- Workplace Safety Programs
- OSHA Safety Manual
- HR Challenges
- Human Resource Audit
- Hiring in Shadow of Stagnating Growth
- The Challenges of Managing Attrition
- Employee Separation Process
- Tips for Pursuing a Career in HRM
- Role of HRM in Recessionary Times
- People Manager vs. Project Manager
- Use of Contract Staff & Temp Workers
- The Necessity of Drafting Proper and Foolproof Employment Contracts
- Importance of Vacation Planning
- Hiring & Firing of Workers: Perspectives
- What to do if You are Laid Off from Job
- Termination and Outplacement
- Emotional Intelligence for Professionals
- Assigning Key Responsibility Areas (KRAs) to Employees
- Role of HR in Performance Appraisals
- HR Policies and Procedures Manual and Employee Handbook
- Managing Downsizing in Organizations
- Managing Attrition in Organizations
- Rise of the Temp Jobs and the Freelance/Sharing Economy
- What is Blind Hiring and Its Implications for the HR Profession
- How Human Resource Managers should Manage Ethical Issues and Ensure Compliance ?
- Issues Related to Human Resource Management in the Hospitality Sector
- Human Resource Management in the Times of Emerging Digital Economy
- Human Resource Management in the Age of Acceleration
- How to Manage Star Performers and High Achievers
- Actualizing a High Trust Organization
- HRM Strategies for an Increasingly Complex, Uncertain, and Volatile World
- How Human Resource Managers can deal with Difficult Employees
- Why Human Resource Management Must Change for the Coming Robotics Revolution
- How Silicon Valley Firms are Implementing Innovative Human Resources Policies
- Effective HRM Strategies to Smoothen and Sweeten the Downsizing and the Layoff Process
- How HR (Human Resources) Function Can Save Time by Automating Routine Tasks
- How HR Managers Can Help Employees Avoid Burnout and Manage Stress
- Human Resource Management Strategies to Diversify the Workforce
- What is an HR Scorecard and How it Helps Contemporary Organizations?
- How Using the HR Scorecard Creates Long Term Value for Organizations
- How Technology Can Help in Collection of Metrics for the HR Scorecard
- HR Scorecard: Aligning People, Strategy, and Performance
- How Using the HR Scorecard Can Address Organizational Dysfunction
- Human Resource Management Best Practices in Contemporary Organizations
- Using HR Scorecard with Analytics to Actualize Next Generation Performance
- How the HR Scorecard Helps Actualize Cross Functional Excellence in Organizations
- How the HR Scorecard can Help Gig Economy Firms to Manage Freelancers Better
- How the HR Scorecard Helps Organizations to Actualize Change Management Initiatives
- How Innovative HR Policies boost Employee Productivity and Organizational Effectiveness
- Changing Recruitment Strategies of Corporates and Tips to Get Hired
- What is Social Mirror and How it Determines Individual Success in Career and Life
- What Do Hiring Managers Look for in Applicants when Making Hiring Decisions
- Why the Future of Work is Virtual, Gig Based, and Cognitive and its implications for HR
- Why HR Managers Must Enforce Data Security and Information Protection Policies
- Why Corporates Must Have Wellness Managers as well as HR Managers
- What is Employee Ghosting and How HR Managers and Organizations Can Deal with it
- The Increasing Popularity of Corporate Wellness Programs and What HR Can Do
- What Experienced HR Managers Watch Out For When Recruiting Candidates
- The Importance of Data Driven Analytics and HR Scorecard Dashboards for Corporates
- What Hiring Managers Look Out For During the Recruitment and Selection Process?
- The Growing Popularity of Flex Work and HR Strategies to Deal with It
- What the Case of Amazonís AI Powered Recruitment Tool Means for Other Corporates
- Pay Cuts vs. Lay-Offs
- Game Changers or Slave Drivers? Human Resource Managers in the Gig Economy Firms
- Preparing for the Workplace of Tomorrow: Some HRM Strategies for the Digital Age
- The Managerial Challenge: Using Early Warning Systems to Spot Signs of Trouble
- Top HR Trends for 2019: Technological Convergence and Smarter HR Management
- How Should HR Managers Deal With Occupational Hazards at the Workplace?
- How HR Managers Must Deal with Legal and Regulatory Challenges in Organizations
- How HR Managers Must Address the Pay Disparities and Pay Gaps in Organizations
- How HR Managers can Make the On-boarding Process more Pleasant and Effective
- Why HR Managers Must Treat the Exit Interviews as Feedback and Learning Experiences
- The Importance of Due Diligence in Human Resource Management Processes
- The HRM Challenge: Managing the Millennials Entering the Workforce
- The Future of Human Resource Management in an Agile Driven and Automated World
- The What, Why, and How of the Difficult Decision to Fire Employees in Organizations
- How Using Blockchain Can Transform the HR Function and Change the Way it Works
- Corporate Corruption and the HRM Function: Legal, Ethical, and Moral Perspectives
- How Predictive Analytics Helps HR Managers Make Better Hiring Decisions
- Skills that the HR Professionals Need to have to be Successful in the Present Times
- The HRM Challenge: Promoting Diversity and Inclusivity in Illiberal and Charged Times
- Role and the Importance of Human Resource Managers in Recessionary Times
- How Blockchain can Help Human Resource Managers in Efficient Management
- HR Professionals and the Law: The What, Why, and How of Awareness of Laws
- Is the European Model of HRM Better than the American Model? Some Perspectives
- The Staffing Challenge in MNCs: Expatriates or Locals in Overseas Locations
- The HRM Challenge: Managing Opinionated Employees in Polarized and Divisive Times
- Why Auditing of the HR Function is Necessary and Important in the Present Times
- The Role of the HR in How Corporates Can Win (and Lose) the Global Race for Talent
- The Changing Nature of Employment and Impact on Professionals and Societies
- Fixing Fraud and Biases in the Recruitment Process and Making it Fair and Transparent
- HRM Strategies in Non Profits and How Similar and Different are They from Corporates
- Organizational and HRM Strategies for Virtual Workplaces and Remote Workforces
- The Role of Feedback in Enhancing Employee Performance and Productivity
- The Role of Monetary and Non Monetary Incentives in Enhancing Employee Performance
- Will Hire and Fire at Will Labour Laws Work in the Indian Socio-Economic Context?
- How Insights from Behavioural Science Can Help Corporates in People Management
- What is Ghosting and How it Disrupts the Hiring Process and Ways to Tackle this Menace
- How Staffing Agencies Need Better Regulation in the Corporate Ecosystem
- How Corporates Have to Let Go of Legacy Employees in an Empathic, Yet, Firm Manner
- Designing an Effective Pay and Perks Package across the Organizational Hierarchy
- Why Do Some Excel in the Interviews, But, Fail on the Job and How HR Can Fix This?
- Why Technology Can Diminish the Role of HR Function, but, Not Eliminate It Altogether
- The Challenges of Recruiting and Onboarding Remote Employees in Virtual Workplaces
- The Importance of Values in Human Resource Management in the Post Pandemic World
- Why We Need Employee Friendly Laws and HR Policies in the Post Pandemic World
- What is Second Chance Hiring and Why It Matters in the Present Times of Distress?
- Pandemic and Lay off: Putting People over Business
- The Hype and Realities of Networking in an Interconnected World and Leveraging Them
- What is Blind Hiring and How it Promotes Diversity and Inclusivity Efforts in Corporates
- What is Great Resignation? What can be done to Address the Mass Attrition Trend
- Why are American Millennials Burning Out and Quitting Jobs in Record Numbers?
- As American Corporates Order Employees Back to Office, What Are the HR Challenges?
- What Is Quiet Quitting, Why It Matters, And How Is It Impacting American Corporates?
- As Tech Firms Layoff Thousands, Is the Party Over and What It Means For Indian IT
- After Quiet Quitting Comes Quiet Hiring! What It Is, And Why It Would Be Trending In 2023!
- Quiet Hiring vs. Traditional Hiring: A Comparative Analysis and What Works When and Why
- White Collar American Workers are burning out More Than Ever! Here are the Reasons Why!
- Who are Boomerang Employees?
- Why is Everyone Talking About Artificial Intelligence Suddenly and How it Matters to All of Us?
- Heres Why Businesses in the United States are Finding it Hard to Hire Workers
- HR Challenge: Both Ageism and Youngism are Forms of Discrimination at the Workplace!